Aspen Heights British School is an accredited IB World School*, offering the IB Diploma Programme. These are schools that share a common philosophy – a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Aspen Heights British School believes is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Year Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Career-related Programme (CP).
The Diploma Programme (DP): preparing students for success in higher education and life in a global society. The DP is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities..
What will an IB Aspen pupil look like?
The IB learner profile represents 10 attributes valued by IB World Schools. We believe these attributes, and others like them, can help individuals and groups become responsible members of local, national and global communities.
- Encouraged to think critically and solve complex problems through inquiry
- Drive their own learning to become more knowledgeable and reflective
- Confident and knowledgeable communicators facilitating entry to some of the highest-ranking universities around the world
- IB students develop strong principled values. They are also likely to perform well academically – often better than students on
- Able to engage with people in an increasingly globalised world with a balanced and caring perspective
- More culturally aware and open minded through immersion in an international curriculum.
Why choose IBDP at Aspen?
- Academic Rigor: The IBDP offers a challenging and comprehensive curriculum that prepares students for higher education. It focuses on critical thinking, research skills, and interdisciplinary learning.
- Holistic Development: The IBDP promotes the development of intellectual, emotional, and social skills. It encourages students to become well-rounded individuals with a global perspective, fostering attributes like open-mindedness, empathy, and cultural understanding.
- International Recognition: The IBDP’s rigorous academic standards and holistic approach make it an attractive qualification for admission to prestigious colleges and universities, all over the world.
- Broad Range of Subjects: The IBDP offers a broad range of subjects, including languages, sciences, humanities, and the arts, enabling students to develop a well-rounded education.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving: Students engage in extended essays, internal assessments, and the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course, fostering analytical thinking.
- Global Perspective: The IBDP promotes intercultural awareness and an understanding of global issues.
- Community Engagement: The IBDP promotes community service and encourages students to engage in meaningful activities outside the classroom. Through projects and service-learning opportunities, students develop a sense of social responsibility and contribute positively to their communities.
Shahad, our Year 11 student talks about why she chose IB
Shaun, our Year 11 student talks about which IB subjects he has chosen
Frequently Asked Questions about IBDP at Aspen: